Oslo American School Alumni Reunion 2011
The Omni Interlocken Resort
Denver Metro Area
July 22-25, 2011
Fun Stuff & and a Few Other Details
This 2011 reunion is being organized by Carolyn Purcell & Natalie Adam.
- Our main event will be the catered dinner on Saturday night in the hotel’s private dining room. This is a lovely space, not at all like a generic
banquet room. I think it will be a wonderful way to celebrate our lifelong connections that started in Oslo.
- Other tentative activities include an informal drinks/dinner gathering in the Tap Room at the Omni on Friday night, a hiking option on Saturday, and
a gathering at Chris Cauley's house on Sunday (he lives just 15 minutes away!). Of course, more details will be planned as we get closer to the event,
and we'll make sure you have time to explore on your own, but these are some of the possibilities we're considering.
- The reunion fee will be $100 for each OAS alumnus. This will cover our catered dinner on Saturday night, the use of an informal gathering space
throughout the weekend, and other miscellaneous expenses that come up when planning a large gathering. The cost for guests to attend the catered dinner
will be $70 (half price for children under 12, although we plan to have a couple of babysitters and pizza for the kids in our hospitality suite if you’d
prefer to be child-free for a few hours).
- A block of rooms will be reserved for us. I’ll pass on info on making your own room reservations as soon as I have that. The rate is $114 for a
standard room or $169 for a one-bedroom suite (limited availability).
- Denver International Airport is 30-40 minutes away. There is a shuttle available ($27 one way, $50 round trip), but we’ll also try to provide some
rides and help arrange car pooling. We’ll gather all the travel details and see how we can help.
- Many of you mentioned that the availability of activities for the entire family was important to you and thought Snow Mountain Ranch would be a
better option because of that. I just want to reassure those of you with children that there will be some fun things for kids to do—outdoor movies by
the pool, a behind-the-scenes tour, a welcome kit just for the kids, and more. We took Sebastian (age 3) with us to check out the Omni, and he approved!
- For those of you without kid responsibilities, there will be fun adult things, too! The onsite spa, golf course, biking, shopping, swimming pool and
Jacuzzi—what else do you need for a weekend?
Natalie is handling the money side of things, so please send deposit checks made out to her to:
4424 Valli Vista Rd
Colorado Springs, CO 80915
Natalie & Carolyn can be reached by email at:
Please note that Maryl & Mike are not organizing this event. All payments & arrangements must be made with Natalie & Carolyn.